Last Post Fund Careers:
of the Last Post Fund
The Executive Director reports to the volunteer National Governing Council of the Last Post Fund through the National President and is responsible for the provision of functional direction in accordance with established LPF By-laws, policies and procedures and for the provision of leadership and management of National LPF operations.
About the Last Post Fund
The Last Post Fund (LPF) is a Canadian non-profit registered charity, founded in 1909. The LPF mission is to ensure that "no Veteran is denied a dignified funeral and burial, as well as a military gravestone, due to insufficient funds at time of death." Its primary mandate is to deliver the Veterans Affairs Canada Funeral & Burial Program, which provides funeral, burial and grave marking benefits for eligible Canadian and Allied Veterans. The fund also delivers an Unmarked Grave Program, which places military-style gravestones for Veterans who are buried without commemoration. In addition to delivering these Programs, the Last Post Fund supports other initiatives designed to honour the memory of Canadian and Allied Veterans.
For more information about the Last Post Fund please visit: http://www.lastpostfund.ca
- Leadership and management of the paid staff of the Last Post Fund from the National Office location in downtown Montreal, Qc.
- Provision of support to the National Governing Council, National President, Executive Committee, and the provincial Branch Boards of Directors.
- Ensuring effective communication between all levels of the organization and Veterans Affairs Canada, in both official languages. Provision of effective IT and public communications support to the LPF.
- Organization of the operations of the LPF to effectively and efficiently meet the objectives and priorities set out by the Governing Council and Executive Committee.
- Maintenance of a healthy work environment by displaying integrity in dealings with others, and requiring that all staff show respect to each other and display this publicly under stress. Demonstrates trustworthiness and leads with forthright constancy of principle and purpose for all circumstances.
- Ensuring programmatic excellence, rigorous program evaluation, and consistent quality of finance and administration, communication, and systems.
- Providing leadership and direction to ensure the continued development, management, and delivery of a high-quality client service concepts and techniques.
- Recommending timelines and resources needed to achieve strategic goals of the LPF.
- Providing oversight (to be specified) to the operation of the National Field of Honour, Pointe-Claire, Qc
Knowledge/Skills to be Assessed:
- Demonstrated leadership or management experience with military, government, not-for-profit, or voluntary organizations.
- Recent and significant experience in providing strategic advice, making recommendations, preparing briefing material and presenting it to senior management on complex and sensitive issues, and recommending timelines and resources needed to achieve strategic goals of the LPF.
- Analytical thinking: ability to creatively problem-solve, identify issues and recommend appropriate alternatives.
- Ability to communicate effectively in both official languages, orally and in writing, in situations that may require tact, diplomacy, and discretion.
- Computer literacy with advanced computer skills in Microsoft Office applications, spreadsheet and database software, computerized financial accounting systems, and email software programs (Microsoft Office or equivalent suites)Ability to organize, prioritize, and multi- task efficientlyAbility to develop and maintain an ethical and healthy work environment, which requires integrity from others, i.e. requires direct reports show respect to each other and display this publicly under stress. Demonstrates trustworthiness and leads with forthright constancy of principle and purpose for all circumstances.
- Ability to ensure programmatic excellence, rigorous program evaluation, and consistent quality of finance and administration, communication, and systems.
- Ability to provide leadership and direction to ensure the continued development, management and delivery of a high-quality client service concepts and techniques.
- University degree in business, finance or human resources management or other relevant areas of study
- 10 years of hands-on management-level experience in nonprofit and/or for-profit organizations
- Proven leadership ability to bring diverse individuals and groups together
- Experience with Federal (including DND) or Provincial governments would be an asset.
- Knowledge of the mission and mandate of the Last Post Fund.
- Superior people and conflict management skills in dealing with a broad spectrum of personalities.
$86,769.00 - $106,108.00 with Group Insurance & Group RRSP. Relocation costs negotiable for the right candidate.
- Interested persons are invited to submit a cover letter and resume in either official language to National President, Last Post Fund, by e-mail to Chair, Search Committee, email@example.com by closing deadline of 8 September 2017.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.